Here is a press release for a local publication that a print of mine will be featured in. I will be at the event having a great time and selling prints. Best yet, the event is FREE!
Manzanita Writers Press Presents: Manzanita Volume 6 Book Release & Reading & Reception at Hotel Leger in Mokelumne Hill, Calaveras County 11-6 Saturday, August 14
Manzanita writers will be reading new work published in the new Volume 6 book, Manzanita: Poetry and Prose of the Mother Lode and Sierra — and photographers and artists will display their art. The event is free to all, and the public is invited to participate and share in the community reading. A no-host Leger buffet lunch and dinner is available, so reserve ahead for lunch, dinner, and reading slot with Linda Field, Events Coordinator at email@example.com. Or call Linda at (916) 454-5738. Be sure to sign up for one of the three available reading time slots.
Writers can pick up their free 2 copies of the book hot off the press at the event., and purchase additional copies at 1/2 off (7.50 each) as well as share their writing with the public at the reading. Writers need to reserve their time slot with Linda Field, Events Coordinator, for reading, lunch, and dinner as soon as possible as slots fill up quickly. Hope to see you there!
- 11-11:15 Manzanita Writers Press staff introductions and acknowledgements—sponsor recognition and program details
- 11:15-12:15 Manzanita Writers Reading their work from the book by sign up
- 12:15-1:15 Lunch with the writers—buffet with paid reservations in advance 12.00
- 1:15-3:15 Manzanita Writers Reading their work from the book by sign up
- 3:15-5:00 Manzanita Writers Reading their work from the book by sign up
- 5:15-6 PM Open Mic in the Lounge—open to the public—sign ups taken in advance and at the event
- 6:00 PM Dinner with the Writers—Buffet pre-paid reservations in advance—19.00
Mokelumne Hill Nut Company and a winery will be featured vendors.
For the Writers Table for sales of books: writers are encouraged to bring their books to sell—prices
need to be posted on books. All proceeds of individual authors’ books at the table go to the author of